The National Astrophysics and Space Science Programme (NASSP) welcomes applications who wish to join us to carry out research leading to a PhD degree at any of the NASSP partner institutions:
- University of Cape Town
- University of KwaZulu-Natal, Durban Campus
- University of KwaZulu-Natal, Pietermaritzburg Campus
- University of the Free State
- University of the North West
- University of the Witwatersrand
- University of Zululand
- Rhodes University
- University of South Africa
- University of the Western Cape
- South African Astronomical Observatory
- Hartebeesthoek Radio Astronomy Observatory
- Hermanus Magnetic Observatory
The maximum value of the award is R80,000 Students should also apply for other sources of funding such as NRF grant-holder, scarce skills or prestigious bursaries and if successful will receive a top-up, so that the total funding amounts to R80,000
Please contact us if you need information on how to apply for these sources of funding.
Applicants should have, or be on the verge of completing the National Astrophysics and Space Science masters programme.
Applicants should fill in the on-line application form: here, provide full contact details of at least two referees (one of whom should be the MSc supervisor), show evidence that they have applied for alternate sources of funding and also send a CV together with a brief statement of research interests, giving the range of topics they would like to work on to:
Mrs Nicky Walker, National Astrophysics and Space Science Programme, Department of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, University of Cape Town Rondebosch 7701 Cape Town, South Africa. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students working at any of the National facilities are required to be registered at one of the universities participating in NASSP.